Flexible shafts transmit rotary motion much like a solid shaft, but can be curved over, under, and around areas in ways a solid shaft cannot.
Flexible shafts are used in a variety of food applications, such as in rotary knives, mixers, commercial kitchen equipment controls, and in industrial food packaging.
S S White provides customers with custom flexible shaft solutions designed for individual applications,
Food industry applications suitable for using S S White Flexible Shafts include:
- Rotary knives for the beef, pork, and poultry industry
- Rotary knives and de-boners for the fish industry
- Rotary knives to trim meet in taco- and kebab-style restaurants
- Industrial fryers
- Various remote controls for kitchen equipment
- Coffee machines, for grind adjustments
- Glass bottle fabrication
- Printing machines for food packaging
- Packaging machines for pre-packed food
S S White FDA-compliant flexible shafts are resistant to the extreme temperatures found in food industry applications, such as in freezers and ovens. They are resistant to humidity, water, grease, oils, making them easy to clean through either washing or autoclaving.
S S White’s flexible shaft casings and fittings are all food grade material, and food grade lubricants are available.
Flexible shafts can easily be replaced should they fail and are far more affordable than other comparable solutions.