CUI Inc announces the addition of two 120 watt ac-dc external power supply series, expanding its existing 60601 certified medical power supply family.
The new series footprint is 35% smaller than its non-medical counterpart, providing a lighter and less cumbersome adapter that can power a wide range of medical and dental devices.
The SDM120-U is available with a C14 inlet and the SDM120-UD comes with a C8 inlet. Both series meet the current average efficiency and no-load power specifications mandated by the US Department of Energy (DoE) under the Level VI standard, as well as the European Union’s (EU) Ecodesign 2019/1782 and CoC Tier 2 directives for external power supplies.
These compact adapters are certified to the medical 60601-1 edition 3.1 safety standards for MOPP applications and 4th edition EMC requirements, making them suitable for medical, dental, and home healthcare applications.
Features and Benefits
- Up to 130 W of continuous power
- No-load power consumption less than 0.21 watts
- Universal input voltage range
- Level VI, EU 2019/1782, and CoC Tier 2 compliant
- Medical 60601-1 edition 3.1 certified
- UL/cUL, TUV, CE, and FCC safety approvals
- Compact footprint